Monday 11 June 2012

Fashion Quote: Chloe Sevigny on Hating Fashion Shows

Personally, I won't say I hate fashion shows, as I don't hate anything, but some shows may not be your cup of tea, as I say you may prefer coffee.
My idea of Fashion Week in any state or country is seeing the shows I love and the clothes I love, but I really don't have to be there and in fact most of the time I am not.  I adore to go to the leaders of the fashion pack like the Carla Zampatti show in her home, but most of the time, I just enjoy sitting here at my computer being able to peruse what I love when I want at my own leisure.
Something I do love is going to shows where you can see new local talent emerging.  These are the stars of tomorrow and they have to be nurtured.

I really love honesty and love Alexandra who often contributes to Racing Fashion.
Like or Loathe this article, but I love a point of view, never be scared to tell people how you feel or how you think, you have every right.  Being quiet is just plain boring.


Fashion Quote: Chloe Sevigny on Hating Fashion Shows 

By Alexandra


Since I was giving Chloe Sevigny fashion love yesterday, thought I’d post this quote today. Finally! Someone speaks truth about the hassle of attending fashion shows. Last year, when I dreaded the attention of Fashion Week, I had a lot of people respond that I shouldn’t go, how can I complain about fashion shows, etc… Those people are either very new to the industry, or not in the industry, because Chloe Sevigny is absolutely right when she says going to fashion shows is work. Some people may say it is more fun work than being an accountant and doing someone’s taxes, or being a nurse and changing someone’s diaper, but to be honest, I’d rather be at home in front of my computer than going to a big fashion show (haute couture MIGHT be an exception.) It is intimidating, exhausting (there are so many in a day) and a lot of work waiting in lines, rushing around, all for shows that usually last 15 minutes each. Plus, your feet hurt because you are wearing really high heels.
Here is what Chloe had to say about going to shows:
“I don’t enjoy going to fashion shows. It’s very high school, it’s very “the most popular kids in the front row,” and everybody’s checking everybody else out, and you have to do all this press and get your picture taken … It’s not fun for me — it’s work.”
We need more people like her dispelling the “glamour” most people falsely associate with the fashion industry. If that happened, maybe we’d have less wannabees trying to penetrate the industry (tacky celebrities, terrible bloggers, and everyone else who is “dying” to work in fashion) and maybe fashion would regain the credibility it once had. Here’s hoping.



"It is really simple, if you don't like something, don't do it"  Anna Mott

www.racingfashion.com.au 

No comments:

Post a Comment