Sunday 12 October 2014

Racing Fashion Dreams and Hopes

Having dreams in Primary School was exceptionally hard for me seeing I was the 'stupid kid'. I really don't like admitting it and I still don't really fit in with 'normal' society, but now I can reach my dreams and keep doing so.
Growing up dyslexic was unknown when I was a child and because I could not read, write or spell as well as other children my brain had to retain information in another way.
Memorisation.
I would have to memorise books and reading so I would not be left out as the 'stupid kid'. Many times I wake up in the middle of the night with my worst nightmare being at primary school. I was teased, laughed at, kicked, bullied, came home with bruised ribs and a beating where kids would practice punching into my temples in grade 4.
It still hurts to think a child went through this and my parents did not know. I had a sadistic teacher in year 5 that would taunt me until I did cry in front of a class. It really shows what sort of a man he was to do that to a 9 year old girl.
In all that said, I have come through the other side and I taught myself to read when I had completed college. How I passed I can only put down to my creativity and the way my mind pushed me through.

The past is a place I don't often visit, you can see why. If you take the time to relish your past you never move on into the future.

I used to do Fashions on the Field a million years ago and I loved it. It was a cattle call I Melbourne, but a bit daggy in other states. Being a young girl I wanted to be like lots of other girls looking to their peers. It was beautiful fashionable ladies and I just wanted to be like my mum which was in yesteryear very much a society call when my mother was a young lady.

Many say, I have had nothing to do with the popularity of the exciting fashion movement in Melbourne and Australia, and I allow anyone to think what they want. But I know quite differently. When I used to ask for a pass to shoot fashions on the field, I was looked at as if I was a bit 'stupid', like what does she want to do that for? Who cares? Well I did.

You only ever see celebrities and social butterflies sweeping in and out of social headlines and much of the people who made the course and the fashion were left as a side bother.

I persisted and I was so excited when I first started Racing Fashion and there were 27 online guests at the same time. It was a revolution that people were caring about others and what they were wearing.

I took statistics off line when I started to look and there were 700 – 1200 people online at the same time and I keep figures to myself. It seems like many are trying to cash in on a business that is not making $$$. I will not say that my Racing Fashion site is not worth anything as I have been asked about prices to sell and thought about it, but in doing so would feed straight back into the hands of others and not really showcase what I wanted. That was the public.

I think when you are over 40 and have children you are still valued. I love looking at young ladies dressing well and feeling beautiful. I know they are still going out to nightclubs and living their lives wonderfully like anyone young would, but they are taking the time to dress well, groom themselves well and take an interest in deportment and style. This is something more that just throwing photos online. It is about embracing the community and allowing people to know it feels good to dress up and be able to showcase on stage.
On Saturday I did get up and have fun in Fashions on the Field and I was pleased to get up on stage. To me winning is not about a sash, I have simply won in my life as I survived, have a beautiful family and a husband I adore.
For years I have been told I am too old. This has even come from TV stations and that my weight is not right. I have even intercepted a hurtful email that expressing that I was not naturally pretty, overweight and just cannot appear on TV.


To tell you the truth is, I really don't think that badly about myself. It is hurtful to see and hear comments about you, but compared to when I was a child it is merely sticks and stones.

My site is not about how I dress and how fabulous I look, I don't want it to be about me, but about US. Racing Fashion TV starts tonight and I could not be more proud. This is a concept I came up with. It is my baby. Surprise Surprise it is being copied to death, but it is showing what I have is very very valuable. It is something people are trying to do, they can try, yet still there is a missing component. Me.

When I was a singer I allowed them to make me dress like an 'idiot' because I did not believe my brain was worth any more. I thought I was compelled to just wear silly lack of clothes and parade around singing silly tunes. Yes, most of them were very silly tunes. What you don't know is that I recorded two albums and pulled the plug on my career. I was told I can go further. I had a number 11 in 2001 and then followed with number 6 in the pop charts in UK. I have no idea how I got there. J-lo was at number 1 and Danni at number 5. Yet I threw it away.
I threw away what people may believe was fame, and I had a ridiculous expense account. I could shop, fly, go to any nightclub or spot in London and buy everything. The thing is not everything is for sale and what I wished for most you could not buy.

I will still be called too old and too overweight for TV. I will still be looked at, like who does she think she is. But really I am just someone who came up with a really really good idea. I am so proud of when I walked out on stage from 10 years ago where their was my husband looking at his watch and probably a few dozen people to 100s of people watching ladies feeling good on stage. I have won my biggest prize. The stupid kid in school came up with a good idea.

Next time you look at someone and point and think you know there is all to be known about someone, look a bit further than the cover. I don't want to be slender, I don't want to be younger, but now I am so appreciative I am different. If I just wanted to be one of the rest Racing Fashion would never have been. Enjoy all tonight in Melbourne and Adelaide you are to follow. This will go to every Australian Capital and look out it may be coming to allot more places.
Racing Fashion is not heading to United Kingdom where my singing career was forged and London is my 2nd home. Who knows where Racing Fashion will be heading next???

We just might find ourselves interested in what you have to say, so feel your best and be your best because that is all we expect of you. x

Racing Fashion Fashions on the Field at Caulfield Guineas

 Racing Fashion Fashions on the Field at Caulfield Guineas

 Racing Fashion Fashions on the Field at Caulfield Guineas

 Racing Fashion Fashions on the Field at Caulfield Guineas

 Racing Fashion Fashions on the Field at Caulfield Guineas

 Racing Fashion Fashions on the Field at Caulfield Guineas

 Racing Fashion Fashions on the Field at Caulfield Guineas

 Racing Fashion Fashions on the Field at Caulfield Guineas

 Racing Fashion Fashions on the Field at Caulfield Guineas

Racing Fashion Fashions on the Field at Caulfield Guineas

For all images from the day, Click Here. 


www.racingfashion.com.au 

No comments:

Post a Comment