Thursday 14 May 2015

Who wants to be a flawless diamond if it is fake?

Something I cannot stand when I photograph ladies is the amount of self examination they have over themselves about their image.
I believe everyone is beautiful and there is no such thing as a perfect diamond unless it is man made.  Why are we constantly wanting to scritinise ourselves and make ourselves better?  Personally, I am quite happy in my own skin and people do show me the shot that they have taken and I think along commercial values of the way we are meant to think about ourselves, but then I say, "It looks like me".  Even if my eyes look strange or my complexion is buffered, there is no filter on in life.  I don't want to be a better version of me.  I like me and what I represent and if it does not fit in the box that other people want, that is just too bad.
I look at youth and it is beautiful and flawless, but still we can see where character lines are going to lay and there is nothing wrong with that.
Even the most beautiful natural diamond will have flaws and that is how it distinguishes itself from other diamonds.  Like a fingerprint, a flaw is something beautiful.
Being unique and allowing what may bother you to be embodied in front of others is probably the most courage and beauty you can offer to the world.
When I take your photo, I am taking a picture of you, I want to see wonky teeth, cheeky grins and personality.  You will be amazed how someone stands out when they burst through the door of what they believe is perfection.  Being different and standing alone for being yourself is far more interesting than standing with the so called 'Cool kids', because they are usually insecure.  Stand proud, and dare to be different.

Just as an example here are some photoshoped celebrities.  It may be lighting etc, but I really think we just have to look at ourselves and say, I like what I see.

"A diamond must have flaws if indeed it is an authentic natural diamond."

Racing Fashion wants in real

 Racing Fashion wants in real

 Racing Fashion wants in real

 Racing Fashion wants in real

 Racing Fashion wants in real

 Racing Fashion wants in real

 Racing Fashion wants in real

 Racing Fashion wants in real

 Racing Fashion wants in real

 Racing Fashion wants in real

 Racing Fashion wants in real

 Racing Fashion wants in real

 Racing Fashion wants in real

 Racing Fashion wants in real

 Racing Fashion wants in real

 Racing Fashion wants in real

 Racing Fashion wants in real

 Racing Fashion wants in real

 Racing Fashion wants in real

 Racing Fashion wants in real

 Racing Fashion wants in real


Personally, trying to make these people into so called perfect images really somehow disturbs me.
I think everyone looks fine without the touch ups and looks more like a human and natural, but that is just me.


www.racingfashion.com.au  

No comments:

Post a Comment